Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tailors!!

Those of you that were around me before I set off will remember my endless struggles with Nick's sewing machine - indeed Nick, I have not forgotten my promise of a full service when I return!!
Anyway, I was making some special down mitts and a custom rucksack for the trip. I wouldn't like to hazard a guess at how many hours, tangles and snapped needles I endured.
When I was in Booni, my replacement camera arrived. I needed a case for it, so the local master tailor seemed the logical choice. Needless to say, he put me to shame! This guy has a helper just to pass him a new threaded machine when the bobbin is empty!!
As seems to be the case almost always here, he didn’t want to accept any money!

Here is a photo of the tailor and his team:

No comments:

Post a Comment